Deactivating your account to smurf
We're well aware there are valid reasons for deactivating a FACEIT account on our platform and that's why this essential feature exists.
However, users caught abusing this in anyway shall receive severe punishments. Anyone who is proven to lie to our support team or abuse deactivations in any way shall receive lengthy bans, not only to smurf accounts, but all other accounts, including main accounts as well.
This warning should not be taken lightly and users should proceed with extreme caution when deciding their actions after deactivating an account.
Deactivating an account should be considered a last resort, rather than something to be used freely. Any account deactivated cannot be reactivated for at least three months.
If you still wish to deactivate your account, please continue.
Before deciding to deactivate, it’s important to remember the following:
Deactivating your account does not…
- Remove your Steam account
- Let you evade a ban
- Reset your ELO or statistics
- Transfer subscriptions or FACEIT points
- Allow users to deactivate and reactivate multiple times
- Remove you from friends lists on other accounts
- Allow you to smurf in tournaments and ladders
Deactivating your account does…
- Remove your account from being visible on FACEIT
- Allow you the ability to create a new account
- Prevents anyone from logging into your account
How do I deactivate my account?
Submit a ticket to our support staff and we will take care of that for you.
How do I delete my account?
Under EU law, users have the right to request their data be removed permanently from the platform. Please read our GDPR guides to find out more information.
If you still require help click below to contact us directly by email