If the Anti-Cheat crashes and a "Crash Report Handler" window appears, this may be due to the following issues:
- Your PC is infected by malware. Please run a system scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- This could be caused by malfunctioning hardware in your PC:
- Disable any overclock and try again
- Try to update your BIOS and drivers
- Test your RAM with memtest86+ and your CPU with Prime95 to check if there are any hardware errors. In case of hardware errors, then you will most likely need to change or repair your hardware, we can not fix these kind of issues.
If none of these solutions work for you, please create the memory dump and open the folder where it was created. The dump file may be large in size and therefore it needs to be compressed:
1. Right-click over the file you wish to compress
2. In the context pop-up menu, select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder
3. The compressed file will have the same name as file you selected.
To share the memory dump with our support team, please choose a file sharing service like Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, and upload the compressed dump file. Once the upload is completed, you may share the download link with a support agent by creating a support ticket.