Troubleshooting when your game does not start
The most common cause is a file being blocked which conflicts with the Anti-Cheat. You can check your service.log in C:/Program Files/FACEIT AC and see if there are any blocked files.
Some of your Windows files or video driver files might be modified and/or corrupted. Please try the following solutions:
- Do a system scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to find any malware that might have modified critical windows files
- Your system's root certificate might be broken/outdated, try to update them with this Windows update page: Support for urgent Trusted Root updates for Windows Root Certificate Program in Windows
- Check for corrupted Windows files with the System File Checker
- Search on Google the blocked file name, that will probably tell you from which program it comes from. If the file is related to your video/network/audio drivers, simply updating them to the latest version should resolve the issue.
- CS:GO: the AC will always launch the game with -allow_third_party_software, which means that 3rd party overlays will work. It is possible that one of these 3rd party applications running on your PC is causing the crash. Please try to close the AC, add -allow_third_party_software to your launch options, and check if you have the same issue when you try to start the game.
- If you are running Windows 7, you can perform a free upgrade to Windows 10 which should solve this issue if nothing else works
- If you installed Smart Game Booster, please try to uninstall it, as this application modifies DirectX system files.
If none of these solutions work for you, we would kindly ask you to get in touch with us via this link and our dedicated CS team will assist in getting you up and running: Contact Support