CS:GO - FPS Drops
I am experiencing fps drops. What shall I do?
If you are experiencing FPS drops, this is a not a server side issue. It is a client side issue and is due to a bottle neck in your PC's hardware configuration. This can be caused by many things.
The first thing you could try would be to connect using the IP
- Shut down CS:GO
- Log out of steam and back in again.(Right click your name on the top right corner...change user)
- Start up CS:GO again
- Copy paste the IP from the match room into console
How to enable developer console in game
- Click on "Options" from the top menu
- Then "Game Settings"
- Find "Enable Developer Console", change the option to 'Yes"
- Now press the tilde key(usually the key under your "Esc" key)
- From the room page copy the server IP
- Paste it into the console with the word "connect" in front.
Depending on your computer configuration, the FPS drops could be link to the amount of applications running in background.
- Close your browser
- Close any music programs
- Kill background programs
By doing this, you will have less load on your CPU and RAM and therefore, CSGO will run better. However, do not touch these if you do not know what you are doing.
- Open the task manager and look at the Application Tab.
- End all the programs you do not need by clicking on "end task".
Sometimes when you install a new program, they automatically add to your computer's start up list which means every time you start your computer, this program will be started. This will decrease your performance and also increase the starting time of your computer.
- Disable programs that automatically start every time you start your computer
- To disable all these programs, press Start-> search for Run -> write msconfig -> go into the “startup” -> ”Disable all”. Note that this will disable all programs on startup.
Scan your PC for Malware
- Install an antivirus and do a full scan of your computer to check for any kind of malware.
Deactivate program updates while playing
- This can be one of the more common issues while playing in a game is one of your other programs runs a update that causes your game to have FPS drops.
- The other thing that can happen is one of your programs runs a check for updates which also can cause the same issues.