Rocket League® Universal Open - Official Rules
July 20, 2017 UPDATE NOTICE: Section 3, “To Enter,” has been amended to allow Teams from the United States and Canada to participate in one (1) additional Qualifier as further described below. Accordingly, the affected portions of these rules have been updated and highlighted below. Please find Official Rules at the following URL: https://support.faceit.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001036730-Rocket-League-Universal-Open-Official-Rules.
July 27, 2017 UPDATE NOTICE: Section 3.1, “Tournament/Team Requirements,” has been revised to allow Teams to substitute a Player one (1) time during the Tournament, as further described below. Accordingly, the affected portions of these rules have been updated and highlighted below. Please find Official Rules at the following URL: https://support.faceit.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001036730-Rocket-League-Universal-Open-Official-Rules.
Rocket League® Universal Open
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Subject to all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (EXCEPT QUEBEC). The Rocket League® “Universal Open” Tournament (the “Tournament”) begins July 13, 2017 at 6:00 P.M. ET and ends August 27, 2017 at the close of play of the Finals (approximately 11:00 P.M. ET (as applicable in the local time of the participating country) (the “Tournament Period”). All times in the Tournament refer to Eastern Time (“ET”).
1. SPONSOR/PROMOTIONAL PARTNER: The Tournament is sponsored by Overlord Media Limited d/b/a FACEIT (the “Sponsor”), 31 St James’s Square, London, SW1Y 4JR, England, and promoted by NBC Sports Group (the “Promotional Partner”), 1 Blachley Rd, Stamford, CT 06902.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Tournament is open only to Players (each a “Player,” and, collectively, the “Players”) who, at the time of entry and at all times during the Tournament:
- (i) have an active Steam® or XBOX LIVE® account;
- (ii) own or have access to the Rocket League video game;
- (iii) are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), or Canada (except Quebec); or have been invited to participate by Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner; and
- (iv) are over the age of majority in their jurisdiction of permanent legal residence as of the time of Entry (defined below), except in the United States, where participants must be over the age of thirteen (13) at the time of entry. Any participant who has not yet reached the age of majority in his/her state/province/country must obtain the permission of his/her parent or legal guardian in order to enter and play, and if the participant wins the Tournament, the Prize (defined below) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian.
Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner or their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, (collectively, the “Tournament Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner reserve the right to verify the eligibility of participants and winners. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to: (i) these Official Rules for the Tournament (“Official Rules”); and, (ii) Sponsor’s and/or Promotional Partner’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Tournament.
3. TO ENTER: Prior to the start of the Tournament Period, each Player must register with his/her e-mail address by following the instructions and requirements found on Tournament registration website at https://www.faceit.com/en/organizers/88d1a3c9-a499-486c-942f-3e3db755873b/Universal%20Open (the “Entry”).
Each Player and/or Team (defined below) from the North American Region (defined below) may enter two (2) Qualifiers (defined below) during the Tournament. Each Player and/or Team in the European Region (defined below) may enter only (1) time during the Tournament. Multiple Entries received from any person beyond this limit will void all such additional Entries. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means or by any means that subverts the entry process will be disqualified. Entries must be received before twelve (12) hours before the first Match in the applicable Qualifier to be eligible for the Tournament. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Tournament. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter developed, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
3.1. TOURNAMENT/TEAM REQUIREMENTS: The Tournament is a regionally based competition, with online and offline components, where teams (each a “Team,” and, collectively, the “Teams”) that are comprised of two (2) Players compete to play the Rocket League video game, using either the PC/Steam version of the game or the XBOX LIVE version of the game. Players will register individually, but may then ask to be placed on a team with one (1) other Player. To be part of the same Team, both participants must agree to become teammates. In order to participate in the Tournament, each Team (and its individual Players) must meet the following criteria at all times or risk disqualification and/or forfeiture at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner:
- (i) Employ two (2) Players who are in compliance with all participation requirements, including these Official Rules;
- (ii) Employ one (1) Player who is duly authorized to act as a Team Representative (the “Team Representative”) on behalf of the Team and its Players;
- (iii) Comply with all policies, terms, and conditions of Stream and XBOX LIVE;
- (iv) Read and agree to be bound these Official Rules;
- (v) Players may not participate in or otherwise be affiliated with more than one (1) Team at any given time;
- (vi) Each Team must play each Match with an identical roster; however, Teams may select a substitute (“Substitute”) for one (1) Player on his/her Team one (1) time throughout the Tournament. Any such substitution is only permitted between the Qualifiers (defined below) and Regionals (defined bellow) Stages or between the Regionals and Grand Finals (defined below) Stages (the “Roster Change Periods”) and shall not take place within the same Stage of the Tournament. Once a Player has been substituted, and a Substitute has been selected, no further change can be made by the Team for the remainder of the Tournament. Team trades (“Trades”) are permitted during Roster Change Periods and must be approved in writing by the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner. Team Trades mean the act or process of transferring one Player belonging to one Team/ to another Team participating in the Tournament. The Substitute cannot be a player competing for/with another Team in the Regionals or Grand Finals;
- (vii) The Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner encourages creative Team names but reserves the right to deny Team names that do not comply with acceptable and professional norms of the Tournament, as determined in the Sponsor’s and/or Promotional Partner’s sole and unfettered discretion.
3.2. REPLACEMENT TEAMS: Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner reserve the right to disqualify or remove any Team (or any individual Player) from the Tournament for any reason without advance notice, at their sole discretion. If a Team is disqualified or removed from the Tournament, the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner may, but are not required to, determine a replacement Team. There are numerous reasons why a Team may be disqualified or removed from the Tournament, including but not limited to the failure of a Team to field enough Players for a Tournament Match, cheating or tampering with the game, a pattern of inappropriate behavior by the Team, extreme inappropriate behavior (as determined in Sponsor’s and/or Promotional Partner’s sole discretion), failure to report inappropriate behavior, participation in conduct that is detrimental to the Tournament, or for any other reason that Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner determines is appropriate in its sole discretion.
4. TOURNAMENT FORMAT: The Tournament is a regional competition with two (2) regions: (i) the North American Region (the “North American Region”), which is only open to Teams from the United States and Canada, and (ii) the European Region (the “European Region”), which is only open to individuals from Europe who have been invited to participate in the Tournament by Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner. There will be no Qualifiers (defined below) for the European Region. Players invited by Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner to participate in the European Region will begin competing in the Regionals (defined below).
The Tournament has three (3) stages (the “Stages”) including:
- (i)The Qualifying Stage (the “Qualifiers”), to be held between July 18th and July 27th, 2017;
- (ii)The Regional Stage (the “Regionals”), to be held between July 28th and August 13th, 2017; and
- (iii)The Grand Finals (the “Grand Finals”), to be held on August 26th and August 27th, 2017.
The North American Region Teams may only participate in certain Qualifiers and Regionals, as specified in these Official Rules and the European Region Teams may only participate in certain Regionals, as specified in these Official Rules. A Stage may be conducted in-person or online in accordance with these Official Rules or as further specified to participants by Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner in their sole discretion. All Teams and Players must have access to the Internet prior to the start of the Tournament. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or service provider may apply. The number of Teams that will advance through each Stage can be found below:
From Qualifiers to Regionals:
- Philadelphia Qualifier: four (4) teams advance to Regionals
- Mid-Atlantic Qualifier: four (4) teams advance to Regionals
- New York Qualifier: four (4) teams advance to Regionals
- New England Qualifier: four (4) teams advance to Regionals
- Chicago Qualifier: eight (8) teams advance to Regionals
- Bay Area Qualifier: four (4) teams advance to Regionals
- Northwest Qualifier: four (4) teams advance to Regionals
- U.S. Open Qualifier: eight (8) teams advance to Regionals
From Regionals to Grand Finals:
- East Regional: two (2) teams advance to Grand Finals
- Northeast Regional: two (2) teams advance to Grand Finals
- Midwest Regional: two (2) teams advance to Grand Finals
- West Regional: two (2) teams advance to Grand Finals
- U.S. Open Regional: four (4) teams advance to Grand Finals
- European Invitational Regional: four (4) teams advance to Grand Finals
The Grand Finals will take place at the Esports Arena in Santa Ana, California in the United States. The Teams that qualify to participate in the Grand Finals will receive (i) round-trip, coach class airline tickets; (ii) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights during the Grand Finals; and (iii) a $150.00 stipend (to be split evenly among Players) per day for two (2) days to assist with travel costs to and from the Esports Arena and the accommodations. Teams that qualify for the Grand Finals will be personally responsible for paying any and all additional costs associated with travel to the Grand Finals. In the event that a minor qualifies to the Grand Finals, he or she must be accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian at all times and the parent or legal guardian must complete and return all releases on behalf of the minor. In such event, Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner will provide flight and hotel accommodations for only one (1) of such minor’s parents/guardians to accompany the minor to the Grand Finals.
Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner will, in their sole discretion, determine which airport is closest to the Player’s home. If Player resides within a one hundred fifty (150) mile radius of Santa Ana, California in the United States, the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner reserves the right to substitute round-trip ground transportation to/from Player’s residence in lieu of air transportation. Travel is subject to availability and blackout dates. Player is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. All travel arrangements will be made at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s and/or Promotional Partner’s agent and on an airline carrier of Sponsor’s and/or Promotional Partner’s choice. Player must be available to travel on dates specified by Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner or risk forfeit. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Player is also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at his/her option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by Sponsor’s and/or Promotional Partner’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract.
4.1. MATCH PROCEDURES, SETTINGS, AND RULES: The Teams must play each match (a “Match”), in accordance with the procedures and settings set forth in these Official Rules and on the Sponsor’s website (https://www.faceit.com/en). For example, Matches should not be paused once started. If these procedures and settings are not followed by a participating Team, the Team may be disqualified by the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner at their sole discretion.
4.2. PLAYER CONDUCT: Players and Teams are responsible for reporting any misconduct, unsportsmanlike behavior, cheating or other disruptive behavior to the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner. Teams are expected to play at their best at all points during any Match and will maintain behaviors consistent with the principles of good sportsmanship, honesty, and fair play. Unfair conduct includes but is not limited to Collusion, Hacking, Exploiting, Ringing, Intentional disconnection, or other cheating methods. Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner maintain the sole right in judgment for violations of these Official Rules and standards of integrity for competitive play. A Player may not use language that is obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise offensive or objectionable. Likewise, Players may not promote or incite hatred or discriminatory conduct during the Tournament. Players may not take any action or perform any gesture directed at another Player, Tournament official, fan, or any other party or incite others to do the same which is abusive, insulting, mocking, or disruptive. No Team Player may refuse or fail to apply the reasonable instructions or decisions of Tournament officials. Any person found to have engaged in any act which the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner believe, in their sole discretion, breaks any of the rules in these Official Rules, or does not align with the spirit of these Official Rules, will be subject to a penalty. The nature and extent of the penalties imposed will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner and in accordance with these Official Rules.
Teams and Players must compete to the best of their ability at all times. It is each Player’s responsibility to know and understand the Official Rules as they exist during the Tournament. Any form of cheating will not be tolerated. If the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner determine that a Team and/or Player is cheating or otherwise interfering with the Tournament, the Team and/or Player will be immediately disqualified and removed from the Tournament and may be restricted from participating in any events in the future. Examples of cheating would include, but are not limited to (i) actions to maliciously and intentionally alter, or attempt to alter, the results of any Match, including losing a Match to advance one Team or another Team’s position in the Tournament, and if the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner determines that a Team and/or Player is colluding or match fixing, the Team and/or Player will be immediately disqualified and removed from the Tournament; (ii) attempts to interfere with another Team’s and/or Player’s connection to the Match service platform through Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) or any other means; and/or (iii) any incidence of Players allowing individuals who are not the Players to play on an Player’s Steam or XBOX LIVE account in any of the Tournament Matches.
Players are not allowed to place or attempt to place wagers on any Matches or actions in, or around, any of the Tournament Matches. Should the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner determine that a Player commits, or threatens to commit, violent acts against any other Player in the Tournament, a Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner representative, or any spectator of the Tournament, or engages in any unsportsmanlike behavior, the Player may be disqualified from the Tournament. The Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any Player suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Tournament; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner to be in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
In the event that a Team and/or Player and/or guest engages in behavior during travel to the Regionals and/or Grand Finals that (as determined by Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner or any of Sponsor’s and/or Promotional Partner’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner reserves the right to disqualify the Team, and send Team and/or guest(s) home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to the Team and/or guest(s) (which may, in Sponsor’s and/or Promotional Partner’s sole discretion, result in such Team’s disqualification from the Tournament and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event that the Team and/or Player and/or guest(s) engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner in their sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Team and/or Player and/or guest(s) to arrest or detention, Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Team and/or Player and/or guest(s) as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL OR USE OF PRIZE RELATED TO THE TOURNAMENT.
5. WINNING TEAM: The sixteen (16) Teams that qualify for the Grand Finals in accordance with the Official Rules will be considered the Tournament winners (the “Winners,” each a “Winner”) and will be entitled to the Prize (defined below). Except where legally prohibited, the Winners (specifically, each winning Team’s Players) will be required to complete and return (or have their parent/legal guardian sign if a Winning Team’s Player is a minor), an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize.
In the event that a Winner is disqualified for any reason, such Winner (including both the Players on the winning Team) will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize with no further rights and the Prize will be distributed among the remaining Winners as described below. Noncompliance with the foregoing, failure to abide by these Official Rules, or return of the prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and naming of a replacement Team. In the event that a Team is disqualified or forfeits during the Qualifiers and Regionals Stages, the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner may, but is not required to, determine a replacement Team that must satisfy all eligibility requirements of each of the aforementioned Stages. In the event that a Team is disqualified during the Grand Finals, the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner will not determine a replacement Team and the Prize will be distributed among the remaining Winners.
THE WINNER(S) IS/ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE TOURNAMENT. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
6. PRIZE: There will be sixteen (16) Grand Finals prizes (“Prizes,” each a “Prize”); one (1) Prize will be awarded to each Winner. Each Prize will be determined by each Winner’s finishing position among the sixteen (16) Grand Finals Teams (“Finishing Position”). Each Finishing Position will be assigned a U.S. dollar amount based on the sliding scale (“Scale”) set forth below for the one hundred thousand dollar ($100,000.00 USD) prize pool (the “Prize Pool”). Each Prize will be distributed evenly among the Players of a winning Team. For the avoidance of any doubt: fifty-percent (50%) to Player 1; and, fifty-percent (50%) to Player 2 from the same Team.
Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of each Prize will be determined by Winner’s allocated portion of the Prize Pool. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize will be the same as the ERV of such Prize. For any Prize with an ARV of six hundred dollars ($600) or greater, Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to a United States Winner, or the relevant tax form to an international Winner, for the ARV of Prize for the year in which Prize was won.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local taxes and all fees, costs and expenses related to acceptance and use of Prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, VAT taxes, change of air travel fees, ground transportation, automobile insurance, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winning Team. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, or transferred by Winner; however, Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at their sole discretion. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Tournament. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Void where prohibited by law. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE AND/OR SPONSOR/PROMOTIONAL PARTNER PLATFORM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TOURNAMENT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE TOURNAMENT MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor’s and/or Promotional Partner’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any Team and/or Player it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Tournament; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. The failure of Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
The Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner and their agents are not responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tournament; (2) technical issues or failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or hardware, software or internet issues; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Tournament; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Tournament or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Tournament or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If technical issues arise, Matches should be continued as normal by the Players once such issues are resolved; in the case of a server crash, difficulty in contacting the network or other unforeseen circumstances, it is the Team Representative’s responsibility to contact the Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner for assistance. If, for any reason, the Tournament is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Tournament, Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner may, in their sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Tournament or suspend the Tournament to address the impairment and then resume the Tournament in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the Prize to an alternate potential winner in accordance with the winner selection criteria described above.
8. PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS TOURNAMENT, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER, AND THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS TOURNAMENT OR IN ANY TOURNAMENT RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS TOURNAMENT, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TOURNAMENT OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THIS TOURNAMENT SHALL CONSTITUTE AND SIGNIFY THE PARTICIPANT’S AGREEMENT AND CONSENT THAT SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER AND THEIR DESIGNEES MAY USE THE PARTICIPANT’S NAME, GAMER TAG, NICKNAME OR ALIAS, CITY, STATE, IMAGE OR LIKENESS, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION AND/OR PRIZE INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE TOURNAMENT FOR PROMOTIONAL, ADVERTISING OR OTHER PURPOSES, WORLDWIDE, IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, WITHOUT LIMITATION AND WITHOUT FURTHER PAYMENT, NOTIFICATION, PERMISSION OR OTHER CONSIDERATION, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, ALL ENTRIES AND MATERIALS SUBMITTED TO SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE TOURNAMENT (“SUBMISSIONS”), ALONG WITH ALL COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK AND OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, ARE HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND FREE OF CHARGE ASSIGNED BY YOU TO SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER AND BECOME THE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR AND/OR ADMNISTRATOR UPON SUBMISSION, AND SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO ANY ENTRANT. FURTHERMORE, TEAMS UNDERSTAND THAT SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS WILL VIDEO, PHOTOGRAPH AND OTHERWISE DOCUMENT THE TOURNAMENT (“FOOTAGE”). PLAYER AND/OR TEAM AGREES THAT SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER SHALL OWN THE FOOTAGE AND SUBMISSIONS AND THAT SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER, THEIR RESPECTIVE DESIGNEES, ASSIGNEES AND LICENSEES SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO EDIT, EXPLOIT, ADAPT, DISTRIBUTE, POST, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM, AND OTHERWISE USE THE FOOTAGE OR SUBMISSIONS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, AND IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER MATERIALS, IN ANY MANNER, FOR ANY ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, TRADE, COMMERCIAL OR OTHER PURPOSES IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA, NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, WORLDWIDE IN PERPETUITY, WITHOUT FURTHER PAYMENT OR CONSIDERATION, NOTIFICATION OR PERMISSION. SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER SHALL NOT INCUR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER TO THE EXTENT SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER CHOOSE TO REFRAIN FROM ANY EXPLOITATION OF THEIR RIGHTS HEREUNDER. EACH TEAM AND/OR PLAYER WILL INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER, RELEASED PARTIES AND ANY LICENSEE OF SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE COUNSEL FEES AND LEGAL EXPENSES) ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS TOURNAMENT, INCLUDING EACH WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TOURNAMENT AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Tournament or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate State Court located in New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Tournament, but in no event attorneys’ fees or other costs of bringing a claim; (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, exemplary, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and, (4) in no event shall entrants rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NEW YORK. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner in connection with the Tournament, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: For the names of the Winners, available after August 27, 2017, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by October 27, 2017 to: Rocket League® Universal Open, 1 Blachley Rd, Stamford, CT 06902, Attn: Mike Prindiville.
Copyright ©2017 NBC Sports Group, FACEIT and Psyonix. NBC Sports Group®, Rocket League®, FACEIT, Psyonix, and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of NBC Universal, FACEIT, and Psyonix and/or other companies in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.