Overwatch Open Division: Western Europe FAQ
- What is the Overwatch Open Division?
The Overwatch Open Division is Blizzard’s program for aspiring esports competitors from all over the world with a skill rating of 3500+.
- What is a Swiss bracket?
A Swiss bracket tournament features a set number of rounds (in this case seven) whereby teams will compete against teams with the same win:loss ratio each week.
- When does the Overwatch Open Division: Western Europe start?
Games will kick off Saturday, 8th July 2017 at 19:00 CEST (default time) and continue every Saturday at the same time with the final games being played on Saturday, 19th August, 2017.
Teams will have a time window of +/- 3 hours before & after 19:00 CEST to start their matches. This means, each match must have BEGUN between 16:00 - 22:00 CEST.
We suggest that teams communicate the match schedule with each other on their match rooms for the week (we will notify you on Discord once your match rooms are live).
- Is there a Discord channel for the Overwatch Open Division: Western Europe?
Yes! You can access it by clicking here.
- How do I know if I'm eligible?
If you signed up during the sign up phase, you will have received an e-mail denoting you as eligible for the Overwatch Open Division: Western Europe.
- Can I add players or subs to my team?
Yes. You may choose from the list of Free Agents who signed up via our Teamfinder (OFFICIALLY CLOSED, ALL ROSTERS ARE NOW LOCKED).
- Can I still sign up?
Unfortunately sign ups are now closed and no new players are able to enter the Overwatch Open Division: Western Europe at this stage. Signups for Season 2 will be announced in July.
- When are the games?
Games will kick off Saturday, 8th July 2017 at 19:00 CEST and continue every Saturday at the same time with the final games being played on Saturday, 19th August, 2017
- One (or more) of my team cannot show, can I still play that week?
As long as you can field a roster of 6 (eligible) players, you may play every week.
- What are the prizes?
Each team that completes all their matches for Open Division Season 1, will be eligible for the following prizing, dependant on your placement.
- 1st Place: $50 Blizzard eBalance per player
- 2nd Place: $40 Blizzard eBalance per player
- 3rd — 4th Place: $30 Blizzard eBalance per player
- 5th — 8th Place: $20 Blizzard eBalance per player
- 9th — nth Place: $10 Blizzard eBalance per player, provided that the team finished their matches.
If you still require help click below to contact us directly by email