Champions Qualifier - FAQ
Registering and linking your Dota2 Account
- Register an account on FACEIT (https://www.faceit.com/en)
- Next, connect your Steam account with your FACEIT account, and add Dota2 by visiting https://www.faceit.com/en/register-game
- Make sure you are connecting a Steam account that’s eligible for the Champions Qualifer
- Make sure your Steam account is not set to “private”.
- If you have further issues, please see our Support Article here.
Signing up for the Tournament
You can find the tournaments at the following links:
EU Tournament - click here
NA Tournament - click here
SEA Tournament - click here
Only invited players can join the Dota2 Champions Qualifers and teams need to be formed within the list of invited players.
You will have two main options to join the tournament: “With a Team” or “as Solo”:
- If you wish to join with a team, you need to create a premade team or join an existing one. To create a team simply navigate to https://www.faceit.com/en/create-team where you will choose your team name, team tag, and select Dota2 as your game. Once you are done with that you need to invite your teammates to the team. In order to invite them, they need to be your friends on FACEIT. To add someone as friend, navigate to their profile page and press ‘’Add Friend’’ button.
- If you wish to join solo, you can do so by pressing the ‘’Join as Solo’’ button once the tournament check-in has started. The FACEIT system will match you with other players who decided to join solo and create a team for the tournament.
Once the teams have been created, they cannot be changed for the whole duration of the tournament.
Now you are done with the registration to the tournament. Next steps will be about checking-in and playing the tournament on FACEIT.
Checking in and playing your Matches
- The check-in phase will open 2 hours before the starting time of your tournament. If you have joined as a team, the captain will need to click on the “Check-in” button that is displayed on the tournament page.
- If you opted to “join as solo”, this is the time window where you will need to join the tournament in order for your team to be formed. Players joining as solo will join and check-in at the same time.
- When the tournament officially starts, brackets will be created automatically. Head over to the matchroom on FACEIT where the game will be configured. Once the configuration has ended, you will receive an invitation on the game client from a FACEIT bot to join the private lobby in-game.
- Make sure you have enabled invitations from non-Steam friends from the Dota2 in-game settings in order to receive the invite from the FACEIT bot.
- Make sure you are on the correct Steam account that you connected to your FACEIT account and is eligible for the Champions Qualifer.
- When both teams successfully join, the FACEIT bot will start the match.
- Once the match is over, FACEIT will automatically receive the match result.
- You will need to wait for your next opponent’s match to finish. Once it has, you will receive a new invitation to a private lobby for the next round.
- You will need to wait for the next round to start at the scheduled time on the bracket page. If the next round is scheduled to ASAP, it means your match will start as soon as both the teams advanced to the next round.
If you encounter any issues during your match, use the “Call Admin” button on your match page and an admin will shortly after enter the chat in the FACEIT matchroom and assist you.
To make it easier for players to find other players who also successfully qualified for the Champions Qualifer, we have created a Discord Channel where you will be able to meet with them and create teams - https://discord.gg/hKGNdVb