Disabling/Updating 2-Factor Auth and Backup Codes
Removal or Updating Phone information
Get a new number or just feeling extra secure with your current password? No problem..choose the "Edit" option in the Account Security option.
- A pop up window will appear where you can choose "Remove" or "Change phone"
- If you remove, your phone number will be erased from your FACEIT account and the 2FA will be removed as well.
- If you choose change phone you will then be prompted to enter your new phone number on your account and then save.
Generated Backup Codes
Once you have enabled the 2FA you will be able to see your back up codes.
- Choose view codes from your security settings page
- You must verify a code from your google authentication app in order to be able to see these codes.
- Once you have entered the code and we have verified your account the back up codes will be displayed and also will show which ones have been used already.
- You will be able to generate new codes, download them, or print them.
Please make sure that you download/print these codes and save them where you can find them in order to gain access to your account. If you reset your phone to factory default or purchase a new phone you must have these codes to be able to access your account and make the necessary changes so you can use your new device or reset device.
If you still require help click below to contact us directly by email