Having issues with our anti-cheat client?
"Your system is out of date, you are missing important Windows updates!"
If you have this error, this is because you are using an old version of Windows 7, that does not support SHA2 code signing, which is now required by a Microsoft policy for new drivers signing certificates. There is no way around that, you will have to make sure your OS has the last security updates.
Downloading the following security patch should solve this issue: March 2017 Microsoft Security update
We are aware that some people using cracked versions of Windows 7 are unable to apply any updates because their OS has been modified. There is nothing we can do about that, you will need to reinstall a version of Windows where updates are working properly.
"Error verifying digital signature. Make sure your system's root certificates are up to date."
You have this error because your system root certificates are broken/outdated. You can update your root certificates by downloading the correct Windows update on this page: Support for urgent Trusted Root updates for Windows Root Certificate Program in Windows
"You need to have Kernel Patch Protection enabled to launch FACEIT AC"
If you have this error, you have most likely modified your Windows kernel to disable Kernel Patch Protection, which is a security feature of Windows. It is also known as "Patchguard".
Some cracked versions of Windows are also known to hack the kernel. You will need to remove whichever crack you have installed which modified it.
It is also possible that your system is infected by a rootkit.
You can try to revert the changes that you have done, but it is at your own risk. Reinstalling a proper version of Windows might be needed in some cases, if you cannot recover the original kernel.
If you have this error when trying to connect to the game server, this is usually because you are not running the AC, or you are trying to connect from the wrong Steam account.
"Failed to check for updates"
If you have a strict firewall then please ensure that the port 6789 is set open for TCP. We also recommend making sure that if you have an anti virus you ensure the client is given an exception in order to allow it to function properly on your system.
The game does not load, or the following error appears when launching the game:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
Razer Synapse might conflict with the AC Client on Windows 7. Please follow these instructions:
- Open your Razer Synapse
- Choose Stats on the top bar
- Then click on the settings wheel located on the top right
- Under "Settings/General", change the data tracking to "Off"
- Agree to the pop up window to disable stats tracking by choosing "Ok"
Compatibility modes set on the game executable might conflict with the AC Client. Please follow these instructions:
- Go to your CS:GO folder (usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive)
- Right Click on csgo.exe, Properties and then go to the Compatibility tab
- Make sure all check boxes are unticked, click on "Apply" and "Ok"
The client crashes a few seconds after starting, or the client does not start
It could be caused by a bug in your video card driver. Please try the following:
- Open the Start menu, right click on Computer, click on Properties
- Click on "Advanced system settings" in the new window
- Click on "Environment Variables"
- Under "System Variables", click on "New", and add a new variable with:
Variable name: QT_OPENGL
Variable value: angle
If that does not help, please also try the following:
Open an administrator command prompt and type:
- Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
- Right-click Command prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- Then type bcdedit /debug off and press enter
This should allow the client to start without crashing.
"The program can't start because msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer"
You will need to install Visual C++ Redistributable 2015:
Blue screen indicating FACEIT.sys
If you are having blue screens, you need first to test your RAM with memtest86 to make sure they are not caused by faulty RAM modules or other hardware issues, which is what happens in most cases. It is generally recommended to leave it overnight as it may need multiple hours to find errors.
If no errors are found, then please open a support ticket with the crash dump file from C:/Windows/Minidumps attached.
Report an issue
For anyone experiencing any additional problems then we would kindly ask you to get in touch with us via this link and our dedicated CS team will assist in getting you up and running : - Contact Support