What is FACEIT Anti-cheat?
FACEIT Anti-cheat is a client and server-based system designed to detect players who are running recognised hacks, cheats, cheat signatures, and third party softwares that aim to give an advantage in the game.
The Anti-cheat system collates information from a collection of behavioural systems to profile players that look to be cheating on CS:GO.
How does it work?
We won’t go into the specifics of how the client works, but in general we can say that we decided to approach it in two ways:
1) By relying on client-side detections that are typical of today's client-side anti-cheats, we aim to improve our players’ game-to-game experience and add another layer of protection to FACEIT. .
2) We have built the client using an integrated approach by combining all information we gather from different sources (i.e. the client anti-cheat, the server side anti-cheat, the FBI system, etc.). This means our Data Science team can process and analyse all this data in real-time to keep improving and automating cheating detections. This is a long-term effort which we believe will eventually lead to detections that would not be possible with an approach limited to client-side detections.
What is deemed to be a cheat?
Using the following is deemed to give an unfair advantage and thus will be considered unacceptable and will result in a platform ban:
- Cheats/Hacks (including skin changers)
- External scripting/macros designed to gain an advantage over other players (e.g. No recoil script, ...)
- Use of any exploits to bypass game or Anti-Cheat protection
- Attempts to debug or modify FACEIT Anti-Cheat
- Use of Virtual machine or any such method to mask behaviour
The following programs/modifications are safe to use and will not trigger a ban:
- Game font changes
- Game config changes (.cfg)
- Simple radar
Why have I been asked to install Anti-cheat?
The short answer is: to confirm your validity to play and compete on the platform.
Anti-cheat is there for everyone's benefit to provided a level playing field on our platform and enhance the experience of the game for all our users.
What happens if I don't run Anti-cheat for games that require it?
It’s simple; you will not be able to participate in those games and/or all games on the FACEIT platform.
Why/How do you get Banned?
The following article will provide you with an overview for all the reasons why we would ban a user’s account. These bans can last a varying length of time depending on the reason and severity of the offense.
If the same infraction occurs more than one time, the next ban you receive will be significantly longer than the previous.
What are the consequences of Cheating?
If a player is found to be cheating, they can receive a ban with varying durations leading up to permanent bans.
The full details can be read here in our Banning policy
How do I avoid getting Banned?
To avoid getting banned, make sure the machine you are playing on can be trusted and is not running cheats or banned software as outlined in our Terms and Conditions. Do not install cheats, hacks, or third-party software that can be deemed to give an unfair advantage.
My Ban is not justified what can I do?
If your ban was issued by our team, and you believe you have been wrongly banned, or is to long, then you can dispute your ban by creating a Support Ticket and our Customer Support Team will investigate your claim and take the appropriate actions.
How do I report a cheater?
Give the player an end of game thumbs down in the match room page and let our Anti-cheat and FBI systems do their thing.
How do I report a new cheat?
If you have details of a new cheat you believe to be being used on FACEIT, especially private cheats, please submit a support ticket to Customer Support Team and title it - Attention - New Cheat Info